Position Title: Nursing Laboratory Assistant
Position type: Full time
- Preparing the lab before the experiment.
- Removing of the equipment and materials after the experiment.
- Reporting to the direct supervisor of any damage or missing of furniture, equipment, and material
- Promoting safety in the laboratory and implementing the safety instructions according to KUST policy:
- Be alert for potentially unsafe behavior, practices, set-ups, and situations, and correct them; or bring them to the attention of the direct supervisor of laboratories
- Enforce proper use of safety goggles, proper handling of chemical spills, proper handling of broken glassware, proper collection of chemical waste for disposal, and proper disposal of non-hazardous laboratory waste
- Assisting Direct supervisor to coordinate laboratory services
- Demonstrates the safe and proper use/disposal of laboratory equipment and hazardous or biohazardous materials; prepares, tests, adjusts, modify, supervise routine maintenance on, calibrates a variety of technical laboratory equipment
- Participate in KUST activities
- Responsible for training and following up with newly hired assistant /replacement.
- Co-supervise Graduation projects of their assigned department’s students
- Look for ways to improve the quality of the experiments and of the labs in general
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Bachelor degree in nursing
- Experience: At least one year in hospitals
- Proficient in English and Kurdish
- Proficient in computer
Application Deadline: The application will continue until the position is filled.